Sunday, November 18, 2007

Quarter Two Outside Reading

Well I haven't actually started my second outside reading book yet, but I know thatI'm reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. My sister has already read this book and it became her favorite book, besides Harry Potter of course :) So I'm hoping that I will enjoy it too. This is a quote from the inside cover of the book: "It's just a small story really, about, among other things: a girl, some words, an accordionist, some fanatical Germans, a Jewish fist fighter, and quite a lot of thievery..."

I'm really hoping that I enjoy this book because my sister builds it up to be so great, and even comparible to Harry Potter. The interesting thing about this book is that it is narrated by Death. I know, I thought that was weird too. The main character, a girl named Liesel Meminger, finds her obsession...books. She just cannot resist them, but in order to obtain them she must steal them from wherever they are to be found.

A final review was as follows: "Markus Zusak, award-winning author of I Am the Messenger, has crafted an unforgettable novel about the ability of books to feed the soul."

I can't wait to start this book :)

No comments: