Sunday, March 16, 2008

All The Pretty Horses

I didn't think I was going to like this book at first, but I will say it is getting better as the story develops. If I hadn't been reading this for school, i probably would've given up on it at page thirty. I'm very confused about Blevins' character. I don't know whether to think of him as one of the good guys or one of the bad guys. He doesn't seem like a bad person, he just seems like a magnet for trouble. The one thing I can't get my head around is that he killed THREE people. He says that it was in self defense, but it seems John Grady and Rawlins don't buy it. I just don't know what to think about him. Another thing that's confusing me is what actually happened to Rawlins when he was questioned by the captain guard? Did he just get beat up or is there more behind it? And why didn't they beat up John Grady in the same manner? Are these authorative figures real, or are they fake, bad cops? These are all questions that arose while I was reading this particular section. And one more thing, I don't understand flippin' spanish!!!! It's very annoying when there's a whole conversation in spanish and no one bothers to explain what's being said! I really hope i'm not missing anything important, but what can you do? Anyways, thats all.

No comments: